ENVIRONMENT AND SUSTAINABILITY
Economic growth with sustainable development
The Environment and Sustainability area of Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira & Agel is composed by professionals with specialized education and more than 15 years of experience in the rendering of services related to the environmental, hydric resources, sanitation, urbanism, cultural equity, social responsibility, genetic heritage, green economy, climate changes and sustainability.
The approach of the legal aspects related to the area is developed under an interdisciplinary view, associated to an ethics concern, which enables us to identify new opportunities and solutions in the creation and sustainable development of projects.
We provide integrated legal appraisals to evaluate the risks involved in a project feasibility, in addition to advising the environmental licensing of ventures in several segments such as energy, oil, gas, mining, treatment and waste destination, infrastructure works, logistics, industry, agribusiness and silviculture.
How we can help:
• Advisory in the structuring of businesses involving environmental liabilities, compensatory measures, collection for the use of environmental resource, payments for environmental services, creation of protected areas, and social and environmental conflicts.
• Acting in negotiations, biddings, concessions, contracts, agreements, deeds of commitment and covenants involving the area.
• Elaboration of proposal for regulating legal standards and sustainability indicators.
• Supporting the development and elaboration of corporate governance instruments such as management systems, environmental compliance programs, sustainability reports (GRI – Global Reporting Initiative), audit, certification processes and training programs.
• Acting in arbitration or litigation (administrative, civil and criminal) involving social and environmental issues.
Anna Paula Goés, Rogério Miranda and Paulo Valois Pires were highlighted.