OILFIELD SERVICES, OFFSHORE SUPPLY AND SHIPBUILDING
Commercially-oriented mindset, multidisciplinary approach and pragmatic “can-do” solutions
As a full-service provider, the firm assists clients in all segments of the oil & gas industry.
In the capacity of counsel for operators, rig and ship-owners, shipyards, lenders, investors, guarantors, insurers, oilfield service providers as well as manufacturers of topsides and critical lead items in offshore construction, the firm has participated in a wide array of projects involving the construction, upgrade, conversion, purchase & sale, chartering and operation of:
• Drillships and semisubmersibles.
• Floaters such as FPSOs, FSRUs, FPUs, FSOs and FLNGs.
• Offshore drilling structures such as drill barges, jack-up rigs, spars and TLPs.
• Offshore support vessels such as PSVs, AHTS, and all other kinds of OSRVs.
• PLSVs and seismic shooting vessels.
How we can help:
• Instructs clients in all matters relating to the internalization of rigs and floaters into Brazilian waters, local content requirements, special tax suspension/ exemption regimes, customs clearance, port authority regulations, ship/rig management issues, and all kinds of regulatory compliance requirements applicable to this industry.
• Takes care of all labor and immigration matters relating to expats and seafarers, including handling collective bargaining agreements.
• Counsels on tax issues in all activities in the petroleum shipping industry spectrum.
• Handles the nuts and bolts of all transactional documentation – clients are free to focus on their commercial goals.
• Proactively manages the construction of ships, rigs and floaters Supports clients in all matters of project funding, from traditional ship finance through sophisticated capital markets transactions and M&A deals.
• Advises on matters of environmental law and intellectual property.
• Goes all the way with clients through cost-effective and intelligent dispute resolution, particularly in mediation and arbitration, areas where the firm earns special praise from clients and the industry.
Acclaimed firm with one of the market’s leading energy practice groups. Assists domestic and international suppliers with negotiation concerns, projects, and upstream and downstream transactions. Experienced in both onshore and offshore exploration matters. Has an established presence in the sector and often acts as counsel for leading industry participants.