PROJECT DEVELOPMENT | PROJECT & CORPORATE FINANCE
Unparalleled experience in all phases of project finance and development
Schmidt, Valois, Miranda, Ferreira, Agel advises Brazilian and foreign sponsors, lenders, investors, project companies, and private equities in corporate and project finance and infrastructure development projects.
We represent a wide range of developers and suppliers in all phases of the development process, from initial green-field projects to operation, including power generation and other energy-related projects, as well as refineries, roads, hydroelectricity and other infrastructure projects.
SVMFA has solid experience in the structuring of project finance for oil & gas fields as well as in the implementation of project finance for infrastructure and industrial projects. We assist financial institutions, project companies and sponsors in all legal aspects of transactions and projects that combine different structured finance techniques and multiple funding sources.
Our project group consists of a multi-disciplinary team of lawyers from our banking and finance, corporate, environmental, tax, regulatory, litigation and real estate practices that offers the experience and capability of a team that works on the most innovative, important and complex projects in Brazil.
Our lawyers have been particularly involved in the financing of oil & gas pipelines, FPSOs, and oil rigs, LNG and REGAS facilities, power plants, transmission and distribution lines.
How we can help:
• drafting, reviewing and negotiating term sheets, project documents and financing and security agreements;
• advising on preparing pre-qualification submissions, tender documentation and bids to undertake projects;
• due diligence;
• overseeing the disbursement process;
• advising on regulatory, tax, central bank, foreign exchange, contractual, licensing, insurance and dispute resolution matters that may materially affect the project development;
• advising on environmental and regulatory compliance issues and assistance with obtaining the necessary approvals and permits for the project.